You sure have heard of several question games like Never Have I Ever or 21 questions… but what is 20 questions game?
Well, honestly, it is just like any other question-and-answer game but with a lot more fun. I mean, A LOT.
Apart from the added fun, this game also helps you break the ice when you meet somebody new. I know, the awkward silences are ruthless slayers of any good conversation.
But you will not be a victim of it. Not anymore.
In this think-piece, I have listed how to play the classic 20 questions game and then also handpicked some amazing questions for several categories.
Did you really think, I would let you do the thinking while I am here! 😉
So, let’s first understand…
What is 20 questions game?
The 20 questions game is a fun game with a history of being one of the best ice-breaker activities. Though its roots date back to ancient times, it is still as much relevant even today.
All you have to do is simply ask questions and wait for the other person to answer. This helps you to know the other person on a deeper level and create special bonds while revealing each other’s secrets, desires, and fears.
The reason why people love this game is because it is not difficult to learn. Additionally, it works for every age group and doesn’t require any props.
How to play 20 questions?
This fun game to play has several variations and is open to experimentation. You can also create your own variation of this game.
Irrespective of how you choose to play, the basis stays the same i.e., this game needs at least two players where one person asks the question and the other one answers. No answer is correct or incorrect. The only aim behind this game is to get to know each other, share personal things, and strengthen your bond.
You can also let the other players guess your answers. Whoever guesses correctly gets the point.
Now that you know the basics, are you ready for the most extensive questions list for 20 questions game?
Of course, you are!
Then, let’s go.
Questions to ask in 20 Questions Game
You would like to start the game with some simple questions to make the other person comfortable.
When you meet the person for the first time or want to make somebody comfortable, these super interesting questions are your go-getters.
- Are you comfortable meeting a lot of people?
- What is your favorite game?
- What is a relationship deal-breaker for you?
- Which TV show do you want to host?
- Suggest a good party game.
- If there is only one video game to play, what do you want it to be?
- Where is your house exactly located?
- Who are the two people you feel the most comfortable with?
- What time of the day do you like the most?
- What time of the day makes you feel bored?
- What is the climate at your place?
- Where do you go for a walk?
- What is the weirdest experience of your life?
- When did you find your first friend?
- Who made you feel under confident as a kid?
- Who are you closer to your mum or your dad?
- What is your native language?
- What song do you remember in your native language? Would you sing it?
- Guess the object that is most important on the streets?
- What do you like more, a bathroom or a kitchen?
If you are looking for gender-specific questions, let’s begin with some good questions to ask a guy.
Guys take longer to open-up than girls. If you’re a girl trying to make a conversation with a guy you have just met, it will be even more difficult for you. This can be because of the gender difference and also because of different interests.
However, if you are a teenage girl or a woman of any age, these questions will come to your rescue.
- Who was your first crush?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- What are the three qualities that every girl should have?
- One personality trait that you cannot stand.
- Do you have female friends?
- What is the worst haircut you have ever had?
- What’s your opinion about healthy flirting?
- Do you like weight training or jogging?
- What is the best morning habit to stay fit?
- Do you think you could have worked hard for your academics?
- What are three regrets of your life?
- If given an opportunity, which celebrity would you date?
- What is one sport that you play well?
- Do you like having pets or girlfriends?
- At what period of time did you have more than one girlfriend?
- What is one sport which you wish you could play but you cannot?
- Shirt or t-shirt?
- Do you like wearing slippers for the market or shoes?
- Which dish cooked by your mother is your favorite?
- What makes you nervous in front of a girl?
Now if you’re a guy and are looking for questions for a girl, you need to see that the questions aren’t offensive. For safety, hit this list first.
Girls are sensitive to deal with. You can never know what interests them and what offends them. Some girls like talking about fashion whereas the others talk about money.
To determine their interests, first, ask them a mixed set of questions. See how much interest they show in a topic and then ask questions related to it.
- When did you last curl your hair?
- Do you prefer hair styling or natural hair?
- Are you ambitious or passionate?
- What do you do to earn money for a living?
- What are the 5 priorities of your life?
- If you were a Superwoman, which powerful and evil man would you punish and why?
- Are you a feminist?
- Do you believe girls and boys are equal?
- What are the three things that can instantly make you feel special?
- What is your favorite dressing style?
- Are you comfortable wearing a bodycon dress at the local market?
- What would you do if a random street guy abuses you?
- What is your favorite holiday destination?
- Who do you want to be with: your parents or grandparents?
- Who do you miss more, your family or friends?
- What are the three qualities that you are looking for in your future husband?
- What is one fashion trend that you wish never existed?
- What is one fashion statement that can never go wrong?
- What are 5 useful hacks for daily life?
- Who makes you cry more often?
Now, these questions were gender-specific. But what if you’re trying to get to know somebody for the first time? Before jumping onto specific questions, here’s a list of general ones to help strike a good conversation.
20 Questions to Get to Know Someone
Whether you’re trying to know a guy or a girl, these questions are suitable for both. Hence, they can be used for any gender to initiate conversations and break the ice. One gets bored in long silences and you wouldn’t prefer your company to feel so.
So, start asking a few of these questions and you will soon find the both of you on a healthy ground.
- Do you like going on a long road trip?
- Would you prefer playing sports or exercise to stay fit?
- What makes you strong emotionally?
- Do you have expectations from your closed ones?
- Do you like playing a guessing game?
- What is your favorite dessert food?
- Which delicacy do you want to cook but you cannot?
- What is one food item that you just cannot eat?
- Which weekday is your favorite?
- What’s the favorite part of your daily routine?
- How do you spend your weekends?
- Tell me about three special people in your life?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your favorite country to live in?
- What is your favorite mode of traveling?
- What do you do when you get bored of everything in life?
- What is the best way to entertain you?
- What is the one television show that you cannot skip watching?
- If you could eradicate one thing from the world what would it be?
- What is one professional habit that you are very particular about?
Once the players are comfortable and are responding with equal interest, you can dig a little deeper with some…
Most people don’t want to show their real selves in the first meeting. If you want to know the inner version of people, these deep questions can help you.
- What would you do if you turned into a millionaire overnight?
- What are the two worldly matters that require our attention?
- What do you prefer, being real and straightforward or fake and sweet?
- What personality traits have you inherited from your father?
- What is one topic on which you can give a lecture for an hour?
- Have you ever guessed the person lying and called him out for it?
- How far have you achieved your goals in life?
- What are the 3 things about which you can be thankful to God?
- If you compare your blessings and regrets, what weighs more?
- If you could change one habit of yours, what would it be?
- What is one thing that makes you proud of yourself?
- Who is your best friend and what qualities do you like about him/her?
- What are the 5 most important things to build one’s character as a good human?
- What’s more important: Money or Values?
- Do you believe in passing your culture to the next generation or let the next generation evolve?
- What is more important, freedom or love?
- What can you do to calm down a panicked stranger in just 5 minutes?
- What are the best memories with your dad?
- What are the best memories with your mum?
- What is your secret to living a life happily?
This is a game. And what fun is it if we don’t include funny questions in it?
20 Funny Questions to Ask
Games are fun only if you include the fun element in them.
So, what if we are playing a question-and-answer game? It can still bring tears of laughter with these fun questions.
- What was the worst dressing style that you ever carried?
- What was the most embarrassing moment in your life at a public place?
- If you could switch your gender for one day, what would you do?
- What is the joke that keeps making you smile whenever you recall it?
- What is the funniest fantasy that you had about your boss?
- What do you prefer, stepping on cow dung or goat dung?
- What was the weirdest joke that a person cracked to you?
- For how long can you stay without laughing at being tickled?
- For how many days can you skip shower at once?
- How many days can you stay without brushing your teeth?
- Would you smell your sweat or your socks?
- What is the most fun making activity that you have ever done?
- How would you rate your sense of humor on 10?
- Narrate a funny story that is real?
- Rats or Cockroaches, what scares you more?
- Would you become a cat or a dog?
- What would you do if a stranger comes and gives you a hug?
- What sounds better: giggling or laughing?
- Do you like meeting funny people or serious ones?
- Do you remember any funny situation where you became a matter of joke for everyone and people laughed at you?
Have you seen people flirting between games? Did you always want to do that? Oh! Don’t miss your chance tonight.
Flirty 20 Questions
When you’re playing this game with your crush, wouldn’t you like to subtly express your emotions towards them? After all, a little flirting is good for your health. 😉
So, if you are playing this game with someone hot and you want to know your odds, this list is for you.
- Do you want to become cooler or hotter?
- Do I look more charming or more tempting?
- What are the three qualities in me that make me irresistible?
- If we were to share a frame, how would you entitle it?
- Do you find me interesting? Why?
- What are the three bad qualities in me?
- If we visit a place together, what would you want it to be?
- What dress suits me the most?
- When do I look the best?
- If given a chance will you date me?
- What do you prefer: talking to me on a phone call or meeting me in person?
- Would you go with me to a hill station or a beach?
- What color suits me?
- What gift do you want from me?
- When do you realize that you are in love?
- What type of songs do you listen to?
- What type of movies do you watch?
- Name a romantic movie that you can watch an endless number of times.
- Will you sing a song for me now?
- A romantic character that you want to play?
If they are responding to your “flirty” questions with similar intent, it’s time to crank the heat with some personal questions like…
20 Dirty Truth Questions
Dirty talk is an art, if you go too far, people can get offended. You can use these questions and find out if your nasty levels match all while keeping-up with decency.
- How does your toilet smell?
- Have you ever slept near a smelly toilet?
- Would you use a public toilet if it’s dirty and you can’t control it?
- What have you eaten in school toilets?
- Have you smelled cat poop?
- Have you had sex during periods?
- Do you have a smelly armpit or smelly inner thighs?
- Have you smelled someone else’s poop?
- A dirty drink that you had?
- Did you ever lick on a dirty object? What’s that?
- Have you ever peed in your pants?
- Did you step a dog poop?
- Have you worn someone else’s panties?
- Did you wear unwashed underwear?
- Did you have sex in a public toilet?
- Have you kissed a person with a smelly mouth?
- Have you had a smelly sex?
- Did you watch dirty porn last night?
- With whom do you watch porn?
- Tell us a dirty fantasy.
If you don’t want to get into some dirty stuff now but are looking for some great questions, take a look at the next list.
Good Questions for 20 questions
Not everyone is an extrovert. So, if you’re an introvert or shy person and don’t want to jump directly into dirty talk but prefer to keep it neat, this is the perfect list for you.
It helps you to know more about them and gives you enough time to crawl out of the “shy” shell.
- What attracts you more: Physical features or interesting thoughts?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What body part is the most important?
- What was a big deal for you in school days but you are cool about it now?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve tried alone?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Are you among conversation starters or a less spoken person?
- Do you like talking to introverts?
- If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
- If you were to dress the same way every day, what would you wear?
- If given a chance, would you marry multiple people?
- Tell me 3 occasions that make you happy in the year?
- When was the last time you cried in public?
- When did you lie recently?
- Do you like welcoming guests?
- What do you do to make people feel special?
- Prioritize: Money, Friends, Family, You, Entertainment, Work, Rest, God
- Why do you think you were born?
- What is your nickname?
But if you’re an extrovert, you wouldn’t even mind discussing sex with the players.
Sexual 20 Questions
For a group of people who have just hit puberty, sex is most certainly the hot topic.
So, if you’re playing it with your crush or a bunch of close friends, these questions are going to make the game super interesting.
- Have you ever cried while having sex?
- Were you ever handcuffed?
- Did you lick chocolate off someone’s body?
- Were you licked down there by someone?
- What is your favorite flavor?
- Do you like it naked or dressed?
- Did you kiss someone down there?
- Did you have sex with a stranger?
- Did you have a painful sex?
- Did you try different sex positions?
- Did you have sex with multiple partners?
- Will you ever have a threesome?
- What do you prefer: bite or pinch?
- Would you be sucked or you will suck?
- Lights on or off?
- Would you have sex in bed or sex on sofa?
- Did you have sex in garden?
- When was the last time you had sex?
- What is your favorite sex position?
- What sexual activity do you love the most?
Are you playing with people who don’t like talking much about sex? Well, the coming questions will surely hold their attention.
Best Questions for 20 questions
If you want to ask some questions that can make the other person talk in detail, then pick one of these.
- What are the most embarrassing items on your bucket list?
- Do you prefer small talk or heart-to-heart conversation?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- A body language that puts you off, almost immediately?
- Have you ever shared a good idea with your father and he rejected it? What was it?
- What kind of personality do you want your life partner to have?
- Are you addicted to social media?
- Would you pet a monkey or a horse?
- Are you a cat lover or a dog lover?
- Which color do you think doesn’t suit you at all?
- What is the most beautiful thing that you have seen on earth?
- Where were you born?
- Would you climb a mountain, or swim in an ocean?
- Tell us any one incident that made you feel fortunate?
- What are four food items that should be avoided in order to stay healthy and fit?
- Would you wear comfortable clothes or fashionable clothes?
- Show us one photo that describes your entire childhood.
- Name a person who has recently impressed you by his or her aura and personality?
- What are your long-term goals in life?
- What is a risk you think you should not have taken?
If you’re playing this game with your partner, you might know the answers to all these questions already.
So, we have another set ready to ask your partner.
If you’re in a relationship or married and plan to play this game with your partner, you would like to know their views about you and your relationship. Use this game to know what’s in their mind. Create a ground with these questions first and then ask what is in your mind.
- Did you expect to have a better life partner than me?
- When did you start feeling for me?
- Do you think we lack the spark in our marriage?
- What would you do on a perfect valentine’s day?
- How many kids do you plan to have?
- Where would you take me for a perfect dinner?
- When have you been best supported as a partner?
- What are your couple goals?
- How would you propose to me?
- Rate both of us for understanding each other, between 1 to 10.
- Did your love grow as a partner?
- What makes you most excited about our relationship?
- What unique sacrifice can you make for me?
- What are the few habits that we miss as a couple?
- Are you content with the amount of time we spend together?
- Am I good at expressing love?
- What is the one thing that only I know about you?
- Are we good friends besides being a couple?
- What about me pisses me off?
- What valuable advice would you give me right now?
Not a couple, yet? But planning to make them your life partner? Well, we have you covered with a list of questions to ask your crush.
Crushes are exciting. You want to know everything about them – their likes, dislikes, and their dreams. But at the same time, you don’t want to seem too desperate.
Hence, framing such questions might sound difficult to you. If yes, use this list.
- What matters for you in a relationship?
- Where do you want to spend your old age?
- Will you be in a relationship with me?
- If you want to spend the rest of your life wearing just one dress, what would it be?
- If you could live only on a desert Island, who would you choose to be with?
- What makes you feel complete in life?
- What are the qualities that you are looking for in your life partner?
- If I came into your dream, what do you think the dream would be?
- If you wrote a book, what would you name it?
- Would you ever share your personal diary with me?
- Do you like reading autobiographical documentaries?
- What is the best song that describes our current situation?
- How good are you at controlling your anger?
- What about me makes you weak in the knees?
- Do you fear being judged?
- What is the scariest dream that you had?
- What is the greatest fear that you have about your love life?
- Would you ever double date?
- What if your partner cheats on you?
- How do you like to spend your weekends?
If you’re looking to take it forward with your crush, the next set of questions will blow hearts between you two.
20 Questions to Fall in Love
After a little flirting and knowing the likes of your crush, if everything still seems as exciting, you’ll certainly like to take a step ahead with them.
But how about knowing a little more about them by asking:
- What are the negative impacts of being possessive?
- What do you know about me as a person?
- What challenges have you met in the past that made you stronger?
- What is the best relationship advice that I have given you?
- Will you see us together 10 years from now?
- Would you like to be gifted a rose or a dress?
- What bonding activities would you like to practice with me?
- What is the best memory that you have of me?
- Can you fast for a whole day, for me?
- Do you see yourself being possessive in love?
- If you could freeze one moment in life what would it be?
- What is the weirdest thing you have seen me doing?
- If you could replace me, who will take my place?
- One job that you never want me to do?
- When did you feel shattered?
- What lessons did you learn from your last heartbreak?
- What is the importance of marriage in your life?
- Do you see yourself marrying a year from now?
- If you want to cook a dish for me, what would you cook?
- What is love?
Apart from love and romance, if you’re looking for something for your friends, our next list is for you.
You know most of the things about your friends. Still, there are certain things that you never talked about because you were afraid of hurting them. Now is the time to discuss all those sensitive topics.
Or if you don’t want to go too deep, you can ask these questions during a candid chat over a few drinks.
- What is your all-time favorite memory?
- If money was no object, what would you buy?
- When’s the last time you laughed so much that you ended up crying?
- What did you dream about last night?
- Who are your closest family members?
- What do you do when no one else is around you?
- What is one place that you visit often?
- What is one fact that most people don’t know about you?
- Which book has impacted your life significantly?
- If you could watch just one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is the most valuable piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- Who is your idol in life?
- Which inspirational speaker do you swear by?
- Where do you go when you feel isolated?
- If you could listen to only one band for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your go-to dish for dinner?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What is more valuable, friendship or financial status?
- Have you made friends for benefits?
- Who would you want to be with on a roller coaster?
Like I said, this game is suitable for every age group. So, here’s something for the kids.
20 Questions Game for Kids
Kids like to replicate everything that elders do. Hence, they might want to play this game too. It is totally harmless if they indulge in this game. You just need to make sure that they ask relevant questions and they are safe to play this game.
If you cannot think of any such questions, grab this list.
- Who irritates you the most in your house?
- Who loves you the most?
- What are the things that make you feel sad?
- Which superpower do you want to possess?
- Who is the most powerful in your family?
- What is the name of your friends?
- What is your favorite video game?
- When did you last play cricket?
- Would you choose cricket or hockey?
- If you could replace one teacher, who would you replace?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- Who is your favorite school teacher?
- When did you have your last parent’s call?
- Where is your favorite park?
- What is your favorite swing?
- Do you like watching car racing or boxing?
- What are the foods that you like to eat?
- Where do you visit on weekends?
- Did you ever try cooking Maggi?
- For how long can you live without your parents?
Like kids, the teens are always chasing something “new”. But you cannot be childish with them. Thus, if you are a guardian to a teen, or a teen yourself, our next set of questions is for you.
20 Questions for Teens
You can discuss school life or social media with teenagers. They also like talking about online games. Other than that, here are a few other questions.
- What changes have you observed in yourself as you entered adolescence?
- What are the negative impacts of social media?
- What wrong things do you want to correct if given a chance?
- What valuable lessons have you learned from your past mistakes?
- What is one thing that you are ashamed of?
- Do you find yourself a laid-back teen?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- Would you become a doctor or a teacher?
- What is one profession that you never want to enter?
- What is the most comfortable profession?
- For how long do you study regularly?
- Do you study on weekends?
- Do you have any complaints with your parents?
- Are you a shy person?
- What was the worst blunder that you made as a teen?
- What was the highest percentage that you scored? When?
- Are you more fun-loving or lazy?
- Show me a picture in your favorite dress?
- What are you obsessed with?
- What is the most expensive thing that you possess?
But if you’re playing it with adults, you can have a mix and match of topics in your questions.
20 Questions for Adults
With adults, you can always discuss childhood or fantasies. You’ll be amazed to listen to their answers. The stories that they share are so intriguing that you can easily spend the entire night over them.
Well, these questions will help give a kick-start to an interesting discussion.
- What’s one of the most interesting childhood memories you have?
- What’s your idea of a perfect date?
- What’s your wildest fantasy?
- What is the worst advice you have ever received?
- What’s your adulthood fantasy?
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s the first thing that you notice about a person?
- Three physical traits that are must to make a person look physically attractive?
- Do you like being alone in bed or accompanied?
- Is childhood better than adulthood?
- What is the most romantic memory that you have?
- One romantic date that you want to repeat?
- What was the weirdest dating experience that you had?
- When did you last fall in love?
- What excites you in bed?
- What makes you feel desired?
- Only Romance or only love, what do you want?
- What is the wildest experience that you had with an opposite gender?
- What was the first movie you ever saw?
- Did you have a crush on your teacher in your school days?
If you are an adult, I am sure some of you have your dates aligned!
…and I am double-sure you are peeing in your pants at the thought of it.
Well, Well, I’ve got your back here too.
20 Questions for your First Date
First dates can be extremely nerve-wracking, especially when you don’t know what to say/ask. So, here are a few handpicked questions that will help you strike a healthy conversation on your dream date.
All the best, buddy! I hope you land the second one too! 😉
- What do you think makes you unique?
- What is your favorite place to visit?
- What’s one thing you’re proud about yourself?
- What made you want to go on this date?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s the most embarrassing question you’ve ever been aksed?
- What’s one food that you can eat at every hour of the day?
- Do you like politics?
- How important is me-time for you?
- How many hours do you work in a day?
- Do you feel lonely often? How do you cope with it?
- What about the future excites you?
- What is your definition of the word ‘sex’?
- How old were you when you had your first heartbreak?
- Do you think we have things in common?
- Have you ever been in a live-in relationship?
- What’s the best part about dating you?
- How religious are you?
- What do you do on holidays?
Searching for more?
Random 20 Questions to Ask
Random conversations are just that – random. So don’t limit yourself t these questions, add your own and let them ask a few follow-up questions.
Remember, your focus is not to just keep asking, but to strike a conversation.
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What made-up word would you want to incorporate in English dictionary?
- If you could change your career, what would you pick?
- When was the last time you laughed from the heart?
- When was the last time you met your bestie?
- What’s your favorite color?
- If you could teleport, what place would you travel to?
- What is in your fridge, as we talk?
- If you had the power to dis-invent one thing, what would it be?
- What’s one thing that really gets on your nerves?
- What is your all-time favorite quote?
- Who is your favorite pop-artist?
- What type of music do you groove to?
- What’s your greatest fear in life?
- What’s one thing, you hope never existed?
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever cried on?
- What is one thing that you just cannot share?
- If you could only speak one word today, what would you say?
- What part of your face is your favorite?
- What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done in a public place?
So, these are some possible questions that you can ask while playing this game – for different age groups, situations, or even purposes.
Wait. I have something more in store for you.
Bonus: Another Meaning of 20 Questions game! (with example)
20 Questions or Twenty Questions first originated in the United States, in the 19th Century. However, it wasn’t a traditional question-and-answer game, it was a spoken parlor game that promotes creativity and deductive reasoning.
In this version, one player is chosen to be the answerer who chooses an object in his mind, not revealing it to the other players. Then the players take chances to ask questions that can help them identify this object. The answerer can only answer in “Yes” or “No” or in some cases “Maybe”.
This goes on for 20 questions, at the end of which, if the questioner guesses the object correctly, he/she wins and is the answerer for the next round. However, if he/she fails, the answerer remains the same for the next round.
The most popular variant of this version of the 20 questions game is “animal, vegetable or mineral”. In this, the answerer reveals at the start of the game whether the object is an animal, vegetable, or mineral.
The questioners then ask related questions. So, for instance, if the answerer says that the object is an animal, the questioner can ask questions like:
- Is it a bird?
- Is it a mammal?
- Does it eat meat?
- Is it a common pet?
- Does it live in Africa?
If you wish to succeed in this game, select your questions carefully and keep revising them based on the answers.
Over to you…
The 20 questions game has been in existence for a long, long time and is one of the most played games worldwide especially because of its easy-to-play nature. You can choose your variant and set your own rules at the beginning of the game to have a fun and memorable time.
Asking questions can be a little difficult when you are trying to get to know somebody. You would like to keep it safe and dodge anything that can hurt someone’s feelings. Thus, while playing this game if somebody wants to skip any question, allow them to do so.
Well, there can be occasions where you might have already played this game but we are certain that you will have not covered the questions we listed for you. Remember, this game works in mysterious ways if you select the questions carefully.
By now, I am sure, you are already prepped-up to finally give this game a try.
So, what’s the wait worth for?
Surabhi has a deep passion for words. She puts her heart and mind into whatever she pursues and craves for creative ventures. She has always been keen on creating original content that can make a difference. In her experience as a content writer, she has had the opportunity to work on several fields with Psychology being her favorite. Surabhi says, words have the power to transform the world, better than a sword. So she hopes to contribute her bit to this revolution. At ThePleasantConversation, she feels lucky to have the opportunity to share content capable of bringing about a change in the lives of the readers.